- Put the lotus leaves in the water and soak them in the noodles until soft, soak them in boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes, then wash the lotus leaves. Cut off the stalk at the top, and divide into 4 equal parts
- Rinse the mushrooms and dried shrimps with water, soak them in water for about an hour or until soften. After softening, cut the mushrooms into strips, reserve the mushroom water for later use.
- Rinse the glutinous rice several times with water, drain and pour in the chicken soup (rice: chicken soup ratio is 1:0.7)
- After soaking the glutinous rice for about 4 hours, put the glutinous rice on a plate, then steam for 30 minutes
- Debone the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add soy sauce, rice wine and sugar to marinate about 30 minutes
- After all the ingredients are ready, put them into the pot and fry quickly. pour in the mushroom water. Fry fro 5 minutes, drizzle with sesame oil, and fry until done.
- How to wrap glutinous rice chicken: Take a lotus leaf, with the smooth side up (inside), with the stem side down (outside), spread an appropriate amount of glutinous rice on the center of the lotus leaf, put chicken, mushrooms, shrimp, salted egg yolk and other fillings. Cover with another layer of glutinous rice.
- Fold the leaf from the left and right to the middle, roll up.
- Steam the wrapped glutinous rice chicken for 30 minutes and it’s done!