Sprouts are rich in minerals and vitamin C, you can grow it at home easily even though you don’t have a garden. It just takes you few minutes everyday and you can enjoy a big dish of yummy sprouts after few days. Let’s try it!
- First take some mung beans and soak them overnight
- The next day, they mung should be “waken up” and start to sprout.
- Find 2 meat plastic containers that are clean, prickle one from the bottom to make few holes to drain water.
- Put a damp cloth on the box with holes, put the mung beans evenly on it. Put another box underneath to prevent dripping.
- Put another damp cloth to cover the growing beans preventing light to go inside.
- Water the bean twice a day for 3-5 days.
- When the sprout grow to 3-5 cm, it’s good to harvest!
- Remove the rotten beans if any.
How to make pickle sprouts?
Sometimes the sprout may have a little green taste that children dot like. No problem, making pickles can remove that green taste and make the sprout super tasty, and ready to eat anytime!
- Wash the sprout, put them into boiling water for 3-5 minutes until it is soft and done.
- Drain the water, gently squeeze the sprout to remove excess water.
- Put some shame oil, Wafu salad dressing, sugar and spicy sauce if you like.
- Put it into fridge and eat as you like! It's a really healthy and tasty lunch box choice!
Wafu Salad Sauce
Taiwan Sesame Oil
Korean Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste